Getting Started Meeting Your Fitness Goals
Prior to scheduling your fitness assessment, you will be asked to complete a health history questionnaire. Based upon your responses, a physician consent form may be necessary. Then, we’re ready to build your customized fitness program:
Setting a baseline with a measurable fitness assessment. One of our degreed fitness specialists will test the five components of physical fitness: aerobic capacity, body composition, muscular strength, muscular endurance, and flexibility, giving us the data necessary to create your customized program. This also offers you an understanding of your beginning fitness level.
An individualized exercise program. You’ll receive a workout program tailored to the results of your personal fitness assessment. And to keep you moving forward, we’ll update your program after 90 days.
Follow up assessment.
- Six months after your initial assessment, we’ll do a mini-assessment to track your progress and adjust your program, if necessary.
- Each year you’ll receive a reassessment and new program to ensure you’re reaching your goals.
You’re ready to begin. For most people, the journey to enhanced health and wellness includes a blend of the three basic kinds of exercise:
- Aerobic exercise, such as running, cycling, dancing or swimming, for cardiovascular health and weight management.
- Muscular or strength conditioning using free weights, resistance machines or water resistance for improved posture, low-back health and weight management.
- Flexibility exercise, such as stretching, yoga or Pilates, for improved range of motion and reduced risk of injury and muscle soreness.
To get started, please stop by or call the SHWC fitness desk at 330.342.4400.